Beautiful by Amber -album review-


Just to explain few things, Amber is a girl and a member of Korean group f(x) which has several awesome songs, I usually am careful with any solo releases but since it's Amber I've decided to give it a chance. What's so special about Amber? I don't know her well, in f(x) she always dresses as a tomboy and gives her vocal / rap a male tune, you can easily get wrong about sex. And yet I like her a lot, she seems positive, honest and down to Earth. Despite rebelious look she's always been nice in all TV programmes. I remember her being the only f(x) member who supported Victoria and appeared at her wedding in one of the "We got Married" episode and all 2PM boys seemes to be shy in her presence. I was scared this album will be all she does in f(x) multiplied, so more tomboyish and here she showed her feminine side, if I didn't know her I'd think someone confused the covers with someone else's album, her voice is truly divine in this album.


01 Beautiful I knew this song was the promo song for this album but somehow I ignored it and heard it later on after listening to the whole album and I'm grateful for that. I know many people won't agree but for me it's the weakest song on this album. It's a slow tempo ballad and it's not bad but it's not my style, especially the beginning, chorus is quite ok. I like the ending though with the lyrics "I just wanna be myself" I think it would work better as a song closing the album. 6.5/10

02 SHAKE THAT BRASS (Feat. 태연 (소녀시대)) The first song I heard, at first I though I won't like it, because I usually don't listen to songs with trumpets but when I saw Taeyeon from SNSD I got sucked it, I admit it was the few lines of her that first brought me to like this song but later on I really liked the 'nanana' part and eventually the whole song, it's really funny. 9/10


03 Love Run After Shake that Brass I really didn't expect to like any song on this album and this song was a true surprise, not only it was not like Shake that Brass, she shows a part of her I never saw before, her voice is soft and the tune really nice, I loved this song from the first sound. 9/10

04 Heights It's the kind of song you could play during party and nobody would complain, it's quite fast, warm and reminds me of summer. 8/10

05 Just Wanna (Feat. 에릭남) One more mid-tempo ballad, this time in English. I think I already heard similar song but I can't tell which one, I would call it a very typical collaboration song, I really enjoy it. 7.5/10

Album rate: 8/10

Comments

Post a Comment