Body Shop

I used to go to Body Shop a lot but I never manage to buy anything there. There are a large variety of products but they are very expensive and I wasn't really convinced of their high quality, however, one day I found candles there (I'm a candle freak if you don't know yet), there were three, Cranberry Joy, Jolly Orange and Spiced Vanilla. I smelled them but the scent was slight, I wasn't sure if they were worth their price. Some sale assistant came to me (I hate when they do that, like vultures) and persuaded me to try the Cranberry Joy which I was also considering as its scent seemed the most intensive. I asked if they have more candles but she said they don't. On a shelf I saw more of boxes similar in size to the ones the cadles were packed in but she said these are just some oils so I didn't bother.

I bought the Cranberry Joy Scented Candle (35zł/~11USD), but also Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel (400ml, can't remember the prize) and Japanese Cherry Blossom Shower Gel mini version (60ml - 1zł/0,33USD).


When I got back home I started to browse the net to search for Body Shop products and found out the boxes which shop assistant said contain oils were also candles! What a dumb lady, she doesn't even know what she sells o(≧▽≦)o. I found out there are seven more candles:


Few days after that I've been to Body Shop again and I bought the Green Tea & Lemon (35zł / ~11USD), Jolly Orange (35zł / ~11USD) and Cranberry Joy Bath & Shower Gel (250ml - 15zł / ~5USD).

Among all of them I'm sure I'll buy Cranberry Joy candle again, it smells amazingly and is very intensive. As for the other two I bought they are so-so, less intensive and the smell doesn't suit me. I cannot compare it to anything but the Jolly Orange doesn't remind me of an orange and the Green Tea & Lemon is slightly insipid, not similar to any green tea smell I know.


As for bath gels, so far I like them a lot but I don't think I'll buy them again as their price is very high comparing to other companies which also have good but much cheaper bath products.

Today I found a video on youtube (The Body Shop - ulubione i polecane produkty by Azjatycki Cukier) in which the author claims that Body Shop products in Singapour are quite affordable and have lots of discounts and promotions. I'll check German Body Shop stores maybe they will have slightly better prices or at least some promotions because in Poland they are simply too expensive comparing to my polish salary.

I heard there is supposed to be a discount or bonus product if you spend more than 350zł(~116USD) but the sale ladies don't give any. In some polish vogue magazine I've read that their blushes are supposed to cost 39zł(~13USD) so I went there to buy one and the price was 69zł(~23USD). It's as if the company was living its own life, they either post discount commercials in magazines and don't follow them thinking that since the customers bothered to come they'll buy something anyway or simply the administration makes promotions but the sale ladies don't follow it.

Apart from the price I have nothing to complain, however I'm ill at the moment and my smell isn't good so I won't assess the bath gels I bought. They smell lovely in the bottle, the Cranberry Joy Bath & Shower Gel smells just like the candle and the Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel give me the feeling of a grapefruit squized in the bottle. I used them once in bath and their scent was very faint but as I said that could just be because of my illness, I'll write more after I'll be using them for some time.

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´
.·´ ¸.·*`·~»*~Have a nice day~*»~*
(¸¸..·´
~*Basia

Comments