Namie Amuro's 20th Anniversary on stage!


It's been 20 years since her debut and she still sells pretty well even though there's a boom for groups like AKB48 and other young idols. I really hope Namie will keep making good music for a very long time. I regret that today's Okinawa live has been cancelled due to the typhoon no.16

We decided the cancel of the event "namie amuro 20th ANNIVERSARY LIVE in OKINAWA" scheduled to be held outside at a special site in Ginowan Seaside Park in Okinawa on Sunday, September 16.
We took first priority of your safety from the affection of typhoon No. 16 after careful discussion in the "namie amuro 20th ANNIVERSARY LIVE in OKINAWA" executive committee meeting.We are deeply sorry to announce this cancellation to you and please understand this decision from current worst weather situation.
There is no rescheduled concert because of the purpose of this event that the event date is the debut day of 20th anniversary.

To be honest I disliked her music for a very long time.


First time I heard about her around 2004 and ever since I had tried to like her music but it simply wasn't it. I found her songs to flat and soundless at first but I didn't want to be called biased just because I was clearly Ayu fan so I was keeping eye on her releases and listened to it first before saying that I didn't like it.



Somehow, in 2009 (I guess) something made me watch her BEST FICTION TOUR concert and that was what made me love her music from the spot, it was so different from her albums, so deep in sound and energetic. Unfortunately, her dancing is still a bit stiff and even though I can tell she's technically a good dancer I don't enjoy it much (though there are few exceptions), her espression always seems too concentrated on the moves and she hardly ever seems to have fun while dancing, but that's just my opinion.

From that concert on I started to love her songs but I still dislike her previous concerts and I don't like the album versions of most of her songs, especially the past ones. It's not about her voice, rather her music arrangement which became amazing at concerts. 

I'm also not a fan of her English, although it improved a lot in songs like In the Spotlight or Go Round, it was pretty weird listening to her singing "we sing (sic!) on the same star".

Most of the fans started to dislike her music from BEST FICTION onwards which was when I started to like her, does it mean her music became more generic? more commercial? I don't know.

I've been planning to make a digest video of Namie just like my other videos you can see on my YT account but I'm not sure whether to make a PV digest (since I don't know many of her early PVs) or to just make some concert digest. If by any chance any Namie fan gets here you can help me decide −☆

Comments