Go Round / YEAH-OH by Namie Amuro -single review-



Namie never simply covers songs of other artists, she always changes them into something completely new and unexpected. After 'What a feeling' (by Irene Cara), 'New Look' (samples Baby Love by The Supremes) and 'Rock Steady' (by Aertha Franklin) she sampled Yeah-Oh, but honestly I don't know whose tune it is, I just know it is old as I remember Al Bundy from Married with Children sung it in one episode back in ~1994.


As for the single, I really love it, Namie music is reaching me more and more recently, she's so fresh, she tries different style but is always true to herself. It's something I've been struggling about Ayumi Hamasaki recently as she doesn't change much in style but seems to be different inside and that's not so nice to me, while Namie or Koda Kumi do so many things but their spirit is always there.

There are only two songs on the single + instrumentals:

Go Round is a mid-tempo dance song with very catchy melody, while Yeah-Oh contains the known tune in new, fresh composition. I cannot wait to see the 20th anniversary concert, it's going to be amazing.

Below you can listen to previews of both songs, enjoy (watch in HD!).


Comments