One lucky city

I'm not a lucky person when it comes to winning things.

As a kid I used to regularly attend morning advent mass where each day they drawn few children and gave them some small reward for coming, I never got anything, not even once in eight years :V


I can count all the things I've won in my life on the fingers of one hand:


  1. A book at training course - 5 years ago
  2. Love Songs stickers in yesasia lottery - 1 year ago
  3. A book at Facebook contest (had to write my fav English phrase, 500 people were supposed to win, about 600 participated) - last year.
  4. A dictionary at a training course of the same publishing house in the same city as for the first time - this year.
  5. A dictionary on pendrive and a book, also at a training course in the same city as for the first time - yesterday.

Very short list, but I'm not a lucky person when it comes to lucky draws, ...although I bet I would be chosen if they needed one person to get punished or do something unpleasant :V

Yesterday, there were only eleven of us. I got to the place 15 min before the start and I was the only person there, it was kind of scary.

A few more people came and we found out there were 14 give aways: after each session four people have been drawn, the first person could chose two things (two books or book and dictionary on pendrive), I thought there was no way I could get out of there with empty hands. It would be much fair if they put away names of people who already got drawn but they didn't so some people got drawn twice and some didn't at all. I got lucky after second session and since I was first I could chose anything I wanted.


I'm happy about my yesterday loot. I've been using this publishing house's dictionary for over six years right now, unfortunately, it was a CD copy and it was a version which couldn't be updated. I've been abusing it constantly during my university years and through all those years there were probably less than 20 words that were missing in it. I have some original Longman or Oxford dictionaries (both on paper and CD) but they were nowhere as good as that one. I also always wanted to be able to add my own words to the dictionary but there used to be no such possibility. Luckily there is now. 

The new version is a bit different and right now it's difficult for me to adjust, therefore, I'm not uninstalling the older version yet but I'll try to get used to the new one.


Since it's on pendrive I can carry it to work and use without installing e.g. with out interactive board, the nice thing is that I actually got something that I know I'll find useful.♥

Comments